Baby Clothing Brand Increases Sales in China with WeChat Mini Program
To increase visits to their new Tmall store, and gain more purchases in China, the European sports nutrition supplement brand need to find the right channels for reaching their potential customers and build their brand awareness among the young sports lovers. Working with AdChina.io enabled them to combine advertising and content marketing to reach their audience, and achieve Tmall store purchases at a much lower than industry average cost per conversion.
Retail & E-commerce
Years in China
Higher Tmall store conversion rate then industry average
Lower cost per conversion then industry average
Increase in campaign ROI after 3-month optimisation
- This European sports nutrition supplement brand is focused on innovative protein products.
- They had a newly created Tmall store, and was looking to get more Tmall store visits and purchases in China.
- They also wanted to increase their brand awareness among Chinese sports lovers.
- Lack of understanding of the Chinese market.
- Find and reach their niche target without wasting budget on irrelevant audience groups.
- It’s been hard for them to find the right channels in China to reach their audience.
- The results of their previous marketing campaigns in China were not properly tracked.
How they did it
- Increase traffic to their new Tmall store.
- Generate purchases in their Tmall store.
- Build brand awareness in their target market.
- To help the brand get more visits to their Tmall store, we had to choose an ad channel that could lead ad traffic to a Tmall store, while overlapping with their target audience segment. And therefore we picked Douyin to run Douyin in feed ads.
- The brand wanted to get more purchases in their Tmall store, and to achieve that, we started running Tmall in platform ads to capture customers with strong purchase intent directly.
- To increase brand awareness of the brand among Chinese sports lovers, we created targeted content with their WeChat and Xiaohongshu official accounts.
- Achieved 10% higher conversion rate in their Tmall store than the health supplement industry average.
- Douyin in feed ads and Tmall in platform ads together achieved 51% lower cost per conversion than industry benchmark in China.
- Increased campaign ROI by 84% in the first 3 months through campaign optimisation.